Narak Chaturdashi- A festivity devoted to Lord Krishna
Narak Chaturdashi is a glorious festival dedicated to the supreme deity Krishna. Lord Krishna is one of the supreme manifestations of the mighty Vishnu. He is known to remove all devotees' pains and award them eternal bliss.
Significance of Narak Chaturdashi
Narak Chaturdashi is one of the most significant festivities in Hindu cosmology. It is observed in the Kartik month of the Hindu lunar calendar. It is also known as Roop Chaturdashi and Kali Chaturdashi. This festival is celebrated with excellent arrangements and in a pompous way across India. It is believed that on Narak Chaturdashi, Lord Krishna and Satyabhama defeated an evil demon called Narak. Narak was creating havoc in the world with his brutality. The script in Kalika Purana narrates that Goddess Kali killed the Narak demon on this day, whereas some demonstrated that mighty Krishna killed him. But this festival defines the victory of divine powers over evil and vicious energies. Some legends describe that on Narak Chaturdashi, Lord Vishnu took the avatar of Vamana.
How to celebrate Narak Chaturdashi?
The celebration of Narak Chaturdashi is quite similar to Diwali. It is celebrated right before Diwali. Devotees light lamps and celebrate glory. Lighting a lamp on the heaps of garbage is also a critical ritual linked with this festivity; it attracts lights and removes darkness from life. Devotees execute a special puja ceremony for Lord Krishna and Kali on this beautiful festival. A unique ritual on Narak Chaturdashi is rubbing sesame oil on the body and taking a bath. After the bath, a special puja is devoted to Lord Yamraja and prayers for a good and fulfilling life are made.
Boons of celebrating Narak Chaturdashi
Here are a few notable benefits of Narak Chaturdashi-
- ● Narak Chaturdashi brings the blessings of Lord Krishna.
- ● It attracts purity, prosperity and harmony in life.
- ● The glorious festival helps eliminate the bitter and brutal cycle of life and attain moksha or salvation.
- ● The festivity glorifies life with peace and stability.● This festival removes darkness or evil energies from life.
● It nurtures life with spiritual awakening and enlightenment.
● The festival helps eliminate laziness and other adverse habits and helps accomplish significant milestones in life.
Attain all the above boons by celebrating Narak Chaturdashi with immense joy and glory. If you wish to know more about the significance and rituals of this festival, then get in touch with us.