Shravana Putrada Ekadashi- Devoted to supreme Lord Vishnu
Shravana Putrada Ekadashi is one of the most important Ekadashi devoted to Lord Vishnu. This Ekadashi is also known as pavitra or pure Ekadashi. Lord Vishnu is revered as the protector and guardian of the entire universe. Worshipping him with supreme devotion on this Ekadashi brings immense peace and stability in life.
Significance of Shravana Putrada Ekadashi
Shravana Putrada Ekadashi is of immense importance in Hinduism. It is observed on the Shukla paksha of the Shravan month. Bhavishya Purana narrates that mighty Krishna narrates the significance of this Ekadashi to Yudhishthira. Once there was a King Mahijit who had all the amenities of life but not a son. He did everything but failed to get a son, and ultimately, he met a prominent sage known as Lomesh. The sage advised the king and the queen to observe Shravana Putrada Ekadashi vrat. They followed sage's guidance and performed fast. Their devotion and belief in Shravana Putrada Ekadashi granted them a boon of a healthy son. It is the renowned legend behind the celebration of Shravana Putrada Ekadashi.
How to celebrate Shravana Putrada Ekadashi?
Shravana Putrada Ekadashi is celebrated by observing a dedicated fast to please the mighty Lord Vishnu. Devotees organise puja and other rituals to invite the harmonious aura of Lord Vishnu. Devotees chant tales, mantras or slokas to please the Supreme Lord Vishnu. The fast opens on the next day or the Dwadashi Tithi. Worshippers also perform Homa rituals on this glorious day to invite the supreme aura of Lord Vishnu.
Benefits of celebrating Shravana Putrada Ekadashi
Here are a few main benefits of celebrating Shravana Putrada Ekadashi:
- ● Shravana Putrada Ekadashi enriches devotees' life with the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
- ● It eradicates all the negative influences and enemies, bringing only celebration and glory.
- ● This holy fast helps devotees attain moksha or salvation after death. It also releases from the brutal cycle of life and death.
- ● The festival brings well-being and harmony to the families.
- ● Shravana Putrada Ekadashi brings the boons of a son.
- ● The Ekadashi fasting brings stability and peace in the family and other areas of life.
- ● The pious festival brings an abundance of peace and fortune to devotees.
Our team will provide you with detailed assistance on the perfect tithia and rituals to observe this beautiful festival. We will curate all the essential information for you to celebrate Shravana Putrada Ekadashi.