Nag Panchmi- Devoted to Naga Devatas and serpents
Nagas or serpents play a pivotal role in Hindu cosmology. The main nagas worshipped on Nag Panchami are Amanda, Vasuki, Shesha, Padma, Kambala, Ashvatara, Dhritarashtra, Shankhapala, Kaliya, Takshaka, and Pingala. Nag Panchami is a beautiful day to adore and cherish the powers of Nag devatas.
Significance of Nag Panchami
Nagas discover an important place in the Vedic realm. They find extensive importance in great epics like Mahabharata, Ramayana, Skanda Purana, and Narada Purana. Snakes are revered like deities in Hinduism. Garuda Purana elaborates that revering snakes brings many prosperous boons.
Nagas are also closely connected with the supreme Lord Shiva and Lord Krishna. Lord Shiva adorns serpents in his neck, and those snakes have the supreme power to ward off evil energies. The snakes on the neck of Lord Shiva represent consciousness and power. The snake around Shiva's neck keeps him agile and bestows courage to fight all the odds and adversities.
There is a prominent legend linked with a snake and mighty Krishna. Once Kansa tried to kill supreme by sending an evil snake called Kaliya. The commanding Lord Krishna shattered the evil motives of Kaliya with his immense power and played the flute on him after killing him.
How to celebrate Nag Panchami?
Devotees observe a fast on this day to bring the divine aura of Naga devatas and keep all the adversities away from life. They go to temples and devote milk and other holy offerings to Naag Devatas. Devotees visit temples and cherish snake lords there. There are many religious events and grand processions that glorify the importance of Nags.
Benefits of celebrating Nag Panchami
Here are a few prominent windfalls of celebrating Nag Panchami:
- ● Nag Panchami brings the blessings of supreme naga devatas.
- ● The glorious festival also removes the adverse impact of Kaal Sarpa dosha from the horoscope.
- ● It protects from the catastrophes and deaths linked with snakes and snake bites.
- ● Women who observe fast on this day achieve the safety of their family and especially brothers from snake attacks.
- ● It brings harmony and abundance to life.
- ● The incredible ritual attracts glory, peace and happiness.
- ● It keeps all the harmful elements and evil energies.
Our team will guide you on the immaculate celebration of Nag Panchami. We will guide you on the appropriate tithis and rituals to observe the holy day.