Chaitra Purnima: A festival dedicated to mighty Lord Vishnu
Chaitra Purnima is a notable Chaitra festival dedicated to Lord Vishnu. He is an integral part of the trinity in Hindu cosmology along with Lord Brahma and Lord Shiva.
Significance of Chaitra Purnima
Chaitra Purnima is a meaningful and important festival. It is celebrated on Purnima or the full moon day. The festivity brings divine joy, glory and euphoria to devotees. Legends state that Chaitra Purnima is celebrated in the glory of Lord Chitragupta. He was the mighty godhead who believed in balancing the good and bad deeds of devotees and helped them achieve heaven.
One of the most important significances of Chaitra Purnima is that it was the day when Lord Hanuman was born. However, Hanuman Jayanti and Chaitra Purnima have different significance. But the birth of Hanuman on this day added more grace and auspiciousness to this festival. A notable legend linked with this festival includes Lord Indra and Brihaspati. Brihaspati was a teacher of Lord Indra. Once Lord Indra disobeyed the orders of Brihaspati. This imposed bad karma on Lord Indra, and Brihaspati ordered Indra to pilgrimage.
How to celebrate Chaitra Purnima?
Chaitra Purnima is celebrated by observing a full day fast. The festival is celebrated by taking a bath in holy water. Devotees wake up early and take a bath. The puja is executed for Lord Vishnu with full-fledged arrangements. Mantras or slokas are chanted to rever Lord Vishnu; Om Namo Narayana is an important mantra chanted on Chaitra Purnima. Prasada is prepared and devoted along with other offerings. On this day, devotees also cherish Satyanarayana, an important manifestation of Lord Vishnu. Satyanarayana Katha is organised to celebrate the holy day.
Benefits of celebrating Chaitra Purnima
Here are a few significant boons of Chaitra Purnima:
- ● Chaitra Purnima enriches devotees' life with the blessings of Lord Vishnu.
- ● It brings glory and abundance in life.
- ● The festival is a great chance to please Lord Yama.
- ● The festival removes bad karma and all negative karma's influence.
- ● It enriches life with bliss and immense peace.
- ● The festival removes all the planetary doshas from the horoscope.
- ● It brings willpower and courage to accomplish milestones and attain success in life.
- ● All the poor sins of the present and past life can be dissolved with this festival's pious vibes.
You can attain all these boons by celebrating this glorious festival with immense dedication and devotion. You can contact us to know more about this festival and the right procedure to celebrate it.