About Kurma: Lord Vishnu
Kurma is the supreme manifestation of Lord Vishnu. He took birth during the Satya yuga the period of truth and ultimate peace. He owns a pivotal place among the ten powerful incarnation of Lord Vishnu. The supreme Lord Kurma is also depicted as a tortoise.
Significance of Kurma Jayanti
The auspicious occasion of Kurma Jayanti is observed on Shukla Paksha of the Vaisakh month. The festival takes place on purnima or the full moon day. The legends narrate that Kurma avatar of Lord Vishnu took place during Samundra manthan or great churning of ocean. This incarnation of the commanding Lord Vishnu discovers great elaborations in Yajurveda and Rigveda. Once in Satya yuga time, there emerged a brutal war between devas and danavas. The victory of danavas or evil creatures will lead to destruction of earth. There will be misery and evilness on the planet. Lord Vishnu came in support of devas to preserve the earth. The mighty Lord Vishnu is the protector of the universe. Lord Vishnu took the avatar of Kurma and saved the human kind and earth from the vicious trap of danavas. He restricted danavas from becoming immortal and put a full stop on their evil activities.
How to celebrate Kurma Jayanti?
A special puja is organised for cherishing Kurma Jayanti festival. Devotees light incense sticks, diyas and devote fruits or flowers to Lord Vishnu. They observe a fast dedicated to Lord Vishnu and perform meditation. Worshippers chant legends and hymns to praise the glory of Lord Vishnu. Devotees also execute homa rituals and other religious processions to observe the festival.
Benefits of Kurma Jayanti
Here are a few incredible benefits of Kurma Jayanti:
- ● Kurma Jayanti brings bliss and immense joy in life
- ● It brings calmness and peace of mind.
- ● The beautiful festival cherishes and nurtures life with blessings of Lord Vishnu in his Kurma avatar.
- ● In Kurma incarnation, Lord Vishnu protects from severe life and all sorts of adverse energies.
- ● It grants power and courage to tackle catastrophic incidents.
- ● It brings peace and removes evil or adverse forces.
- ● The festival helps take a break from the vicious cycle of life and enjoy absolute calm.
Celebrate Kurma Jayanti with immense arrangements and joy to seek the benefits of this festival. You can connect with us to know more about this auspicious festival. We will help you by stating the right tithis or rituals to observe the festival.