About Goddess Ganga
Goddess Ganga is a widely revered and admired river goddess in Hindu cosmology. The commanding goddess Ganga is the daughter of King Himavat, a personified form of the great mountain Himalaya. She is the sister of supreme divinity, Parvati. In Hindu cosmology, the goddess Ganga is deemed as the mother of the entire universe. The ashes of a deceased being are dissolved in the river Ganges only. The holy aura of the river Ganga helps attain the dead one's soul to achieve moksha or salvation.
Significance of Ganga Dussehra
Ganga Dussehra marks the anniversary of the divine goddess Ganga and falls in the Jyeshtha month. The festival has been celebrated for ten long daya. It is also widely known as Gangavataran, or the holy day on which goddess Ganga emerged or was incarnated in the universe. This festival is of immense importance in states including West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Bihar, as the sacred tributary ranges flow primarily through them. Goddess Ganga discovers glorious elaboration in Vedas, primarily Rigveda, Puranas, and epics such as Mahabharata and Ramayana. A prominent legend states that the river goddess came to earth from heaven today.
How to celebrate Ganga Dussehra?
Devotees visit the river Ganges and pay tributes and affection to mighty divinity Ganga. They organise mega religious events and Homa rituals to attract the blessings of Ganga. Worshipping the goddess, meditating to seek her pious aura and bathing in Ganga are the main rituals of the festival. Apart from Ganga, the river Yamuna is also worshipped during Gangavataran or Ganga Dussehra. They chant mantras or slokas in goddess Ganga's reverence.
Benefits of celebrating Ganga Dussehra
Following are the significant windfalls of celebrating Ganga Dussehra:
- ● Ganga Dussehra rejuvenates life with abundance and glory.
- ● It keeps all the suffering and disturbing elements away from life.
- ● It integrates life with the pious blessings of river Goddess Ganga.
- ● The pious festival brings glorious traits such as serene nature, pure attitude and forgiving temperament.
- ● It brings immense serenity and calmness to life.
- ● Devotees can get rid of their sins and past life actions with this festival's sincere observation.
- ● Ganga Dussehra helps get rid of evil energies and negativity.
- ● It guides towards the ultimate path of salvation and spiritual awakening
If you wish to seek all the above boons, celebrate Ganga Dussehra with immense joy and arrangements. You can connect with us to know about the perfect rituals and tithis to observe this glorious festival.